Saturday 21 February 2015

OOTD - at the beach

                              

I found this picture which was taken a few months ago now and thought I would share it with you. It was taken at a lovely beach called Weston-super-mare which is not far from where I live. It is a gorgeous sandy beach but unfortunately the sea is not great there meaning you can't really swim or even paddle in it most of the time. The reason for this is the amount of mud or silt there is under the sea which has given rise to this beaches nickname, Weston-super-mud!

It's often difficult to find comfortable, modest clothing to wear to the beach. You need something lose but also practical which is why I think salwar (harem pants) are such great beachwear. I love the floral pattern on these salwar and the fact it has quite a few colours in it means you have quite a lot of options for colours to wear with it. These salwar are made from cotton which keeps me cool in the hot weather. They are elasticated at the bottom so if I want to go for a quick paddle I can pull them up slightly whilst in the sea. You can also get them without this elastic which is perfect if you want the breeze to reach you to keep you cooler. The best bit about them is the elasticated waistband which is adjustable. This means I can wear them throughout my whole pregnancy and just adjust them if I need to, though as the elastic is very stretchy I don't normally need to do this. The other great thing about salwar is that you can sit comfortably on the sand without any concern of flashing any flesh as might happen with a skirt or dress if you are not careful.

               

My top is a bright red top with lace trim and pompoms! I just love the pompoms, they are such a lovely touch and a fun finish for the top. I actually purchased this top from Asda! It is not maternity but very baggy which allows for my growing bump. It has short sleeves so I teamed it with a simple black jersey cardigan from New Look. 

I finished off the look with a simple black hijab. The weather was not so hot when I went to the beach this time so wearing black was not a problem. However, if it had been the height of summer I may have chosen a different colour, especially for the hijab as black tends to attract the heat. Obviously on the beach there is no need for shoes. I love the feeling of sand beneath my feet, I hear it's good for you to walk barefoot too! 


Scarf: market stall
Red top: Asda
Cardigan: New look
Salwar: Delal Designs

What do you like to wear at the beach?


6 comments:

  1. I love sand between my toes!! It's the best feeling :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The outfit looks amazing and so does the beach. I think the floral pattern goes great with the red top.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I do think the red top really brings out the red flowers in the salwar.

      Delete
  3. I've heard its good to walk bare foot on the beach too as the sand exfoliates the feet. I hate the feeling of sand between my toes though haha!

    Lovely outfit, I really like the print of the harem pants. I love wearing harem pants during the summer months as they look great with a vest, cardigan and sandals. I also wear them to attend a belly dancing class where I live as they're so comfortable and easy to move around in!

    Laura from www.whatlauralovesuk.com xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Bellydancing! It's fab isn't it? I did it for years and even taught for a while. Best form of dancing ever!

      Delete