Tuesday 16 September 2014

Hello!

My name is Weronika (pronouned Veronica) and I am a twenty something mother of two from the South West of England. I already blog over at Multicultural Motherhood where I blog about my life and the things I do with my kids. I have decided to make a separate blog to write about my passion for fashion and crafts. It will be an outlet for my creative side, a way for me to document my craft projects and share ideas and fashion tips.

Since I was a child I have always been a creative spirit spending my spare time doing crafts such as cross stitch, sewing, knitting, painting and drawing. As I became older, I began to make some of my own clothes. I don't make nearly as much as I'd like to purely because of lack of time. I have stashes of patterns and fabric just waiting to be made into something special. Knitting is a particularly favourite hobby of mine, I just love to knit cosy clothing for my family. Again, I don't have much time to knit for myself but I adore to knit little jumpers and cardigans for my kids.
  
As a convert muslimah I found it hard transitioning from western fashion to muslimah clothing. I spent a few years not really knowing what to wear or feeling comfortable and confident about what I was wearing. Then I discovered hijabi fashion and realised that I could wear stylish clothing and still express myself through fashion. I hope to share some tips and inspire other women who would like to dress modestly but still look stylish.

I have recently started a new business, Delal Designs, selling modest clothing which came about from my own desire to be able to purchase stylish, modest clothing at affordable prices. I will also be sharing information about my business on this blog .

I hope you enjoy reading :)

No comments:

Post a Comment